Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bad boys


I have left Nävekvarn/Nyköping for a couple of days, I'm at a small place called Onsala 30 km outside Gothenburg. Erik and I, my Parents and Siri are staying at my grandmothers place. It is roughly 200 meters to the sea and we are hoping to use the boat for the first time this year tomorrow. It is raining today so I guess there will be some book reading. Anyhow, Tuve (father) and sons demonstrated some teamwork skills when we launched the boat yesterday.
The trousers I'm wearing belonged to my grandfather. He was a chief engineer and crossed the Atlantic many a time with big cargo vessels. I never met him as he died the same year I was born. He was called "Kingen" and I have not until now learned his real name which was Ernst. Tuve and Britta (grandmother) joined Kingen quite a few times and it sure was an adventure. Tuve was a sweet but mischievous little child and it was hard to keep an eye on him all the time. For example Tuve thought it was interesting exploring the boat on his own and one day Britta found him strolling on a 5 meters long and 5 decimeter wide wooden hatch 6 meters above the boat's cargo floor.

There will, during the day be yet another post about vässing's island...so stay tunned ;)

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Klockren bild! :)