Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beer night 2.0

The long awaited second beer night finally took place last Saturday. I don't see myself as a beer expert and my mission this time was to let people try different kind of beers that you normally won’t by at systembolaget. The highlight of the evening was apart from, the good tasting beer, the well prepared quiz. I divided my guests into three different teams and they came up with creative names such as Special Brewers and Team Malt...It all went well until it was time to correct the answers, especially one question provoked heated discussions between the teams. It was a about the Disney movie Aladdin and when it was made. My answer was 1992 but the question itself was unclear since it didn't specified weather it was the production year or when the movie was released in Sweden. I managed, as the almighty judge, to settle the dispute by removing the question from the quiz. A just and fair decision.

One of the favourite beers was "the president of Jämntland" (it was the second beer so I'm still able to remember the taste..) It had a clear and distinctive beer taste and it also reminded me of homemade bread... and the liquid itself looked like polished amber.

It was all in all a grand night and I’d like to say thanks to all guests as you made it to a positive and fun evening.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Mycket mycket trevlig kväll! Bra fixat Markus:)