Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I’m off


So the last evening in Auckland, everything is sorted and I’m ready to go. Well I haven’t cleaned my room yet and the clock is now 22:17 so I don’t think I’ll be in bed until 00:00ish. The great adventure will start tomorrow after school. The others and I will arrive to the bay of islands 22:00 in the evening. We haven’t booked accommodation but it will sort itself out…
I intended to make cinnamon rolls but I ran out of time so I went for chocolate balls instead. The family liked it and I’ll bring the rest of them for morning tea tomorrow so the rest of the teachers will have the opportunity to taste some gourmet food from Sweden 

Tonight is Guy Fawkes night in NZ so lots of fireworks all over the place. It is a tradition the British brought with them when they sailed for New Zealand. Guy Fawkes was, by the way a man that tried to blow up the parliament in London. Well he didn’t succeed so they burnt him on a bonfire; yes Guy Fawkes Night’s is also called bonfire night. This Guy (yeah a joke :) was according to some the only honest man to enter the parliament hehe
I will be in a youth hostel next time.
SEE YOU!

the picture is from the sky tower

3 comments:

TUVE said...

Sebastian is doing his best with the rest of mail contacts in your blog.
Any me,mum and Siri wish you unforgetable voyage to the "The North Island and some parts of the South Island sit on the Australian Plate, while the rest of the South Island sits on the Pacific. Because these plates are constantly shifting and grinding into each other, New Zealand gets a lot of geological action".
Of course I´m refering to the smelly Rotorua area and the mind-gobbling Milford sound.
Have a very pleasant and joyfull
journey.

Manny many hugs
From Palp and the bunch.

siri said...

Hoppas du får det jätteroligt! Ska bli kul att höra dina upplevelser sen när du kommer hem till julen :)
Massor med kramar

Erik said...

Hoppas du får en toppenresa! Ska bli kul att höra om sen:)