Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Still in Queenstown



This might be the last installment from New Zealand as I’m flying home to Sweden the 30th of November.

I have had a pleasant stay here in Queenstown as there are plenty of things to do. The town is surrounded by mountains there are a couple of things you could to if you want some exercise. I teamed up with another Swede and guy from Switzerland two days ago for half a day of mountain biking. I have never tried it before and the tracks proved to be really challenging and I walked half of the time…

I had a lay in yesterday as I had a big night out the day before…I didn’t want to stay at the hostel the whole day so I took my book with me and went for a walk. I found a nice spot and sat there reading for 3 hours. Great to have some time on my own!

Today’s adventure consisted of a 6 hours walk up to one of the mountains. My latest ventures into the world of extreme adventures (skydive and bungy jump) have apparently not cured my fear of heights. I fixed my eyes on my feet but I didn’t enjoy the final track up to the summit which reaches 1800 meters over Queenstown. It was still worth it in the end as the view was stunning and that I had managed conquered my fear.

So, I’m heading to Christchurch tomorrow BUT there is still one last adventure left, 3 hours of rafting at Rangitata. It is supposedly one of the best places to do rafting and I’m sure it will be great fun.

Goodbye from NZ!

12 comments:

Andreas said...

Vilket äventyr du är på Mackan! Det har varit kul att följa dig under din resa! Vi ses runt jul!

Hälsningar Andreas, Linda och Ossian

Mamma said...

Du har antagit många utmaningar under din resa Markus! En återstår (forsränningen) och jag hoppas även den går bra. Jag antar att du inte ser själva hemresan som en utmaning efter allt du varit med om. Det ska i alla fall bli väldigt roligt att se dig igen på tisdag!!! Välkommen hem!

Mamma said...

Härlig bild på dig och bergen!

Anonymous said...

Condom's evolve through usage and also due to separations of the human population

Anonymous said...

herp derp durr!!! DESU! DESU! DESU!

Anonymous said...

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

Anonymous said...

Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach.

Anonymous said...

Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail.

Anonymous said...

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.

Anonymous said...

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Anonymous said...

Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.

Anonymous said...

Whoever lights the torch of war in Europe can wish for nothing but chaos.