Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

reporting in


Hello again I went silent yesterday but I was so tired so I went to bed at 10:00 pm (that is 2200). A shame really that I got a phonecall in the middle of the night from a school in umea where I did my last practice period…I almost answered the call but realised in time that it might be hard to do any teaching in Sweden while I’m here. Anyway I have had two more days at school and it looks like I have a rewarding time ahead of me.
Math was a subject which I spent a lot of time with in upper secondary school but I’m afraid it was a rather long time ago. I still felt rather stupid when I helped a boy with a few questions. One question was about reflective geometry. I have never heard about it not in English anyway. I asked the boy about that word and he said he didn’t remember as he was five (!) the last time he worked with it.
I guess most readers know that my back is not the healthiest one in the world but I have lately learnt some really good stretching exercises and I usually use the floor while doing them. Alas, I’m not sure if I could do it any longer since the whole house was sprayed with pesticide this morning. But I guess it is a rather unpleasant experience to be awoken by a cockroach in the middle of the night.

I love your comments :)
Bye

3 comments:

Erik said...

Låter lurt det där med kackerlackorna... Världens mest äckliga djur om du frågar mig.

Vi måste höras snart men jag tror nog att det får bli till helgen. Mailar snart!

Tuve said...

I feel kind of nostalgic when I recall my travel memories from my i West Africa.In a sort of half flop house and hotel in Dakar,I spent many nights with the creepy crawlies and they where huge.You must have a real good stamina to get used to such a stressful insect.

TUVE said...

Error
My stay